- The manufacturer warrants the EZIGRIP bike rack against defects in materials or workmanship for three years from date of original purchase. To assert a warranty claim, the owner should return the EZIGRIP bike rack to the selling retailer for return to the distributor, freight pre-paid, together with proof of purchase. The owner should include a written explanation of the defect. If the distributor determines that the defect is covered by this warranty, it shall repair or replace the EZIGRIP bike rack as it may determine in its sole and absolute discretion, free of charge. This warranty is valid to the original buyer only. It is not transferable or assignable.
- You must establish proof of purchase to obtain warranty service or replacement.
- This warranty does not cover damage resulting from improper installation, misuse, abuse, neglect, alteration, failure to perform maintenance as instructed or unauthorized repair or service.
- The owner is responsible for installing the EZIGRIP bike rack in accordance with the installation instructions in the Owners Manual. The owner should attach the EZIGRIP bike rack only to towbars for which it has been designed. The manufacturer shall not be liable if the EZIGRIP bike rack has been altered, damaged or rendered non-functional through incorrect installation or attachment.
- The EZIGRIP bike rack is designed to carry bicycles. Do not use the EZIGRIP bike rack for purposes other than for which it is designed or exceed the recommended maximum number and/or weight of bicycles prescribed as this will invalidate the warranty. Offroad use is not recommended and could result in damage to your vehicle, hitch receiver, or bicycles. EZIGRIP is not for the transportation of tandem or recumbent bicycles, bicycles with attachment such as baby seats, wheel covers, bike cover or motors.
- The manufacturer’s sole responsibility is to repair or replace a defective part being the subject of a valid warranty claim. Under no circumstance shall the Manufacturer be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential costs or damages of any kind. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the manufacturer shall not be liable for personal injury, property damage or consequential damages resulting from the owner’s use of the EZIGRIP bike rack. The liability of the manufacturer under any circumstance shall not exceed the original purchase price paid by the owner for EZIGRIP bike rack.
- This is an express warranty. The manufacturer disclaims any other express or implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for purpose, to the maximum extent permitted by law. Statements, representations and specifications in any brochures, sales literature, owners manuals and other documentation concerning the EZIGRIP bike rack shall not be deemed warranties, nor shall they extend or expand the manufacturer’s obligations under this warranty.
- No employee, representative, dealer, agent, distributor or service company acting for the manufacturer has the authority to extend or modify the terms of this limited warranty unless the manufacturer expressly agrees, in writing, to such extension or modification.
Local Laws and Regulations
- It is the owner’s sole responsibility to comply with any local laws and regulations that may apply, directly or indirectly, to bicycle racks and the use thereof.
Be sure to recycle all packaging following the local regulations.
- General Accessory Notes and Cautions
Do not repair or modify this accessory in any way as this will void the warranty.
Remove the rack before entering and automatic carwash or when not in use.
This accessory is designed for vehicles sold in New Zealand, Australia, North America. The ball style bottom socket fits to hitches with flat tongues and towballs with 50mm and 1 7/8" ball diameters. The hitch style bottom socket fits only to 1 1/4" or 2" hitch receivers. DO NOT fit to any other style of towing hitch, hitch receiver or towball.
- Care of Bike Rack
Clean with a mild detergent & water ONLY, NO solvents of harsh chemicals. Moving metal pins can be lubricated with a non water-soluble lubricant. Discard the Bike Rack if it becomes extensively rusted. Do not expose plastic parts to direct sunlight for extended period of time, store indoors.